Josie Shenoy Illustration is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site including any information you may provide through our site when you purchase a product or service, sign up to our newsletter or take part in a prize draw or competition.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Josie Shenoy trading as Josie Shenoy Illustration
Email address: email@example.com
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing Josie at firstname.lastname@example.org
What data do we collect about you?
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data. An example of this is where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature of our site. If we link the Aggregated Data with your personal data so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal data.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
How do we collect your data?
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- order our products or services;
- create an account on our site;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request resources or marketing be sent to you;
- enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions: As you use our site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites that use our cookies. More information about cookies is provided further down this policy.
Who has access to your information?
Josie Shenoy Illustration has access to your information. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, Josie Shenoy Illustration is the data controller.
Josie Shenoy Illustration also uses contractors to service the site or to fulfil orders from customers. Where these contractors require access to personal information, Josie Shenoy Illustration tries to seek assurances that they comply with the DPA and that your information will be kept confidential. They will not use your information except to fulfil their obligations to Josie Shenoy Illustration and will not use it except in line with this privacy notice.
Josie Shenoy Illustration may have to disclose information about customers to Josie Shenoy Illustration’s professional advisers to obtain professional advice.
Josie Shenoy Illustration will not disclose your information to anyone else, unless we are legally obliged to by HMRC, the government, or any other institutional body we deem fit e.g. if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
What do we do with your information?
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
Purposes for processing your personal data
Set out below is a description of the ways we intend to use your personal data and the legal grounds on which we will process such data. We have also explained what our legitimate interests are where relevant.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us; or
- if you provided us with your details and ticked the box at the point of entry of your details for us to send you marketing communications; and
- in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
Choice – receiving marketing emails
You can choose to receive promotional and marketing emails from Josie Shenoy Illustration. You can do this by choosing to opt in to our newsletter on our sign-up form on the website. You can choose not to receive these emails later by choosing to unsubscribe from any received newsletters OR by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
How do I withdraw my consent?
You may withdraw the consent at any time by unsubscribing or sending an email to email@example.com, stating your name, company details and/or any other information, as in line with the Withdrawal of Consent procedure within the parameters of the GDPR documentation.
Location of data
The data that Josie Shenoy Illustration collects from you is stored within the European Union. And is in compliance with the new GDPR laws, coming into effect from 25th May 2018.
We collect and process the following data:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this website. This includes information provided at the time of registering with Josie Shenoy Illustration, ordering products, posting material or requesting information or further services. Josie Shenoy Illustration may also ask you for information when you enter a competition and if you report a problem with the website.
- If you contact Josie Shenoy Illustration, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to the website including traffic data, location data, and other communication data.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, this data is used for website administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you.
Our store is hosted on WooCommerce. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Payment is made through the secure payment platform Paypal. We never store your credit card information for any reason.
For more insight, you may wish to read Paypal’s Terms & Conditions here and Privacy Statement here.
All data you provide to Josie Shenoy Illustration is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Once we have received data from you, Josie Shenoy Illustration uses certain procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Where you have a password, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. Do not share the password with anyone.
Sending information on the internet is not completely secure. Although Josie Shenoy Illustration does its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to the website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Unless Josie Shenoy Illustration has been negligent, we are not liable for any loss arising from a breach of security.
This site contains links to other sites and we may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- Contact information from Mailchimp, an automated marketing service provider based in the USA.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery service Paypal, based in the US.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
- Our store is hosted on Woocommerce. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Wommerce’s data storage, databases and the general Woocommerce application.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. However, we have taken necessary steps to ensure that the data is protected within the new GDPR laws. In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Cookies are essential to ensure we can deliver a high-quality, convenient online shopping experience. Cookies are used to help you avoid having to re-enter information when you visit our site, speed up site searches and generally ensure the website functions correctly. They are also used to monitor customer interactions with our site which allows us to improve the relevance of marketing communications and ensure our site is meeting the needs of our customers.
Disabling all cookies may mean you are unable to use our website. You can however choose to disable cookies by changing the appropriate settings in your internet browser, as outlined via the links below:
Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Legal Rights:
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Questions and Contact Information
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, please don’t hesitate to contact us.